There’s more to Terengganu than just their famous keropok lekor and beautiful handmade batik. Terengganu is actually one of the best holiday destination in Malaysia. But planning a fun holiday can be pretty overwhelming and tiresome, so here’s a little guide on planning your little beach holiday in Terengganu. Location of choice this time around: Kijal, Terrengganu.
Where to stay:
Resorts World Kijal, Terengganu.
Resorts World Kijal, previously known as Awana Kijal underwent a rebranding exercise quite some time ago and is currently offering all sort of retreat packages to its guests. Resorts World Kijal is located along the east coast in Kijal, Kemaman and offers ultimate leisurely getaway for those who are game for some beach holiday. Resorts World Kijal is rated five-star for not only the size of its property but for its hospitality as well. The journey from Kuala Lumpur to Kijal is just a short 4 hours drive and rather leisurely and enjoyable via Lebuhraya Pantai Timur (LPT).
Must do things in Resorts World Kijal:
1. Go wild and crazy in the sea with the sea sports.The resort offers not only a retreat for golf lovers but also sea and land sports for Adrenaline addicts to indulge in.
2. Go for turtle watching and release hatchlings into the sea.
Resorts World Kijal offers much more than just it’s white, sandy beach. It is a heaven for nature lovers where sea turtles are spotted coming up to shore to lay eggs.
However, this is a seasonal thing so if you wanna do something meaningful and memorable, go for the sea turtle releasing instead.
3. Participate in sea turtle egg planting
Apart from turtle watching and releasing turtle hatchlings into the sea, you may also participate in turtle egg planting at the Resorts World Kijal Sea Turtle Conservatory.
4. Play golf
Resorts World Kijal offers one of the best golf course in the East Coast, and golfing with a sea background is a must do thing during your stay in Resorts World Kijal
5. Enjoy the pool
Enjoy a leisurely swim with your loved ones at their huge swimming pool.
6. Visit the spa
If sea sports and golfing is not your cup of tea, and you prefer some leisurely indulgence, just give a visit to it’s spa. They are using high quality products and offers an unforgettable holistic top to toe treatment.
7. Watch the sunrise
This is the East Coast. Sunrise are beautiful over here, so wake up early and start your day in Resorts World Kijal by watching the great ball rising from the East.
8. Go for nature walk
Take a walk around in the resort and along the beach. The view is amazing.
9. Beach Side Dining at Oasis Beach Bistro
If romance is what you are lookung for, romantic beach side dining is a must try in Resorts World Kijal. The food there is simply amazing. Just dine under the stars while being lulled by the sound of the sea and you’ll feel as if you have been swept away to another world.
10. Indulge in traditional Terengganu and hawker style food in Open Herb Garden
Why waste time sweating around in the nightmarket? Open Herb Garden offers the best Terengganu delicacies in their nightly offerings, so just go ahead and spoil your appetite here.
Resorts World Kijal is currently running a promotion until 31st December, 2016.
There are three packages being offered by Resorts World Kijal: Kijal Weekend Promotion, Kijal Weekend Golf Package, and Turtle Watching Package, so just take your pick.
* Kijal Weekend Golf Package is value for money at only RM276 (or RM138 per person). This package includes one-night stay in a Deluxe room with a unique work of art deco bathtub, and a round of golf in the championship 18-hole course for two.
* Kijal Weekend Promotion, offers a night’s stay in a Deluxe room for RM199 or Premier Seaview room at RM249. Both room options come with breakfast for two at the resort’s Restoran Kampong Meraga Beris.
* Turtle Watching Package includes a three-day, two-night stay in a Premier Seaview room, inclusive of breakfast for two. Price is RM670 nett.
To plan your holidays with Resorts World Kijal, please refer to the information below.
Resorts World Kijal
Add: Km 28, Jalan Kemaman-Dungun, 24100 Kijal, Kemaman, Terengganu.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (609) 864 1188
Fax: (609) 864 1688